S.D. Ireland is a family run and oriented organization comprised of over 400 motivated employees in 3 distinct divisions (Concrete, Site Work and Real Estate Development). Our “can do – will do” attitude is a hallmark of the company philosophy.
Boom Pump Operators
A CONCRETE PUMP OPERATOR is a skilled machine operator working on construction job sites. Duties include controlling the operation of the pump and the output of concrete by directing the boom. They are also responsible for getting the machine to and from the job site and making sure the pump is ready for the next job. A concrete pump operator must possess great insight into operating concrete pumps. Knowing just where to park the truck and how to place concrete in desired locations is very important. Good communication and listening skills, along with the ability to handle post and pre-trip inspections are prerequisites of working at this position.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure that concrete pumps are according to DOT regulations (checking brakes and fluid levels etc.)
- Fill water tanks before each project and ensure that all valves are properly secured and shut.
- Operate the pump in a safe and conscientious manner, set up system, and clean out the pump after the job.
- Drive concrete pump trucks to and from each project site in a punctual and responsible manner.
- Evaluate site conditions and work with contractors or supervisors to park/set up the truck properly.
- Operate boom and concrete pump to place concrete in desired locations, placing special focus on provided instructions.
- Load and unload concrete pump attachments and ensure that all associated tools are used in a safe manner.
- Clean concrete pumps at the end of the day to ensure that they remain in good working condition, and to minimize breakdowns and downtimes.
- Ascertain that all safety and precautionary measures are put into place before, during and after each project.
- You must possess a valid commercial driver’s license (either Class A or B).
- Some experience of operating both standard and complex concrete pumps is important.
- You will need to be well-versed in the construction business.
- Good manual dexterity to climb on and around the pump in all weather conditions.
- Must have the balance and dexterity to maneuver around a construction site, and must enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds to overhead position.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 50 pounds.
S.D. Ireland is a great place to work! We offer great benefits, including health care, dental, vision, short and long term disability, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan.
S.D. Ireland is an Equal Opportunity Employer