S.D. Ireland is a family run and oriented organization comprised of over 400 motivated employees in 3 distinct divisions (Concrete, Site Work and Real Estate Development). Our "can do - will do" attitude is a hallmark of the company philosophy.
We are looking for a concrete pump operator who is a skilled machine operator to work on construction job sites. Duties include controlling the operation of the pump and the output of concrete. They are also responsible for getting the machine to and from the job site and making sure the pump is ready for the next job.
A concrete pump operator must possess great insight into operating concrete pumps. Knowing just where to park the truck and how to place concrete in desired locations is very important. Good communication and listening skills, along with the ability to handle post and pre-trip inspections are prerequisites for working in this position.
- Preforms all duties in compliance with DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Completes pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the truck and its equipment.
- Fill water tanks before each project and ensure that all valves are properly secured and shut
- Operate the pump in a safe and conscientious manner, set up the system, and clean out the pump after the job.
- Drive concrete pump trucks to and from each project site in a punctual and responsible manner.
- Evaluate site conditions and work with contractors or supervisors to park/set up the truck properly.
- Operate boom and concrete pump to place concrete in desired locations, placing special focus on provided instructions.
- Load and unload concrete pump attachments and ensure that all associated tools are used in a safe manner.
- Clean concrete pumps at the end of the day to ensure that they remain in good working condition, and to minimize breakdowns and downtimes.
- Ascertain that all safety and precautionary measures are put into place before, during, and after each project.
- Must have a valid CDL-B license. CDL-A is a plus.
- Some experience operating both standard and complex concrete pumps is important.
- Ability to pass DOT drug and physical screenings.
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
- Good manual dexterity to climb on and around the pump in all weather conditions.
- Must have the balance and dexterity to maneuver around a construction site, and must enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds to overhead position.
- Ability to push and pull up to 50 pounds.
S.D. Ireland is a great place to work! We offer great benefits, including health care, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan.